My first Tuesday started like the others have so for, at 6am (I'm sensing a pattern here...). Nat and I trekked out to grab breakfast and coffee before our 8 hour bus to Siem Reap. The trip should take about 6 hours, but you know, plan for 8. We scoped out a breakfast spot the night before that opened at 6am and then remained closed without a light on or movement at 6:20. Plan B- find any open place, grab and go (unlikely in PP). Mission accomplished with no time to spare! Our bus was scheduled to leave at 7:45am and we pulled out around 8:15. We opted for the deluxe option (think megabus with water, a snack, and a TV at the front playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for all to hear). It was quite nice! The road to Siem Reap is exciting and full of buses, cars, tuk tuks, motorbikes, and bicycles. The reason the trip takes a while is that the road is half paved and half dirt. Adventures on a bumpy road!
Upon our arrival, we found the hotel lovely. It's an open air space with rooms scattered around and 2 gorgeous pools that we immediately took advantage of! (I can't seem to get the photos uploaded via phone... Coming soon) The feel of Siem Reap is very different than PP. It's much quieter and feels more relaxed in many ways. For dinner we attended an Aspara Dance show while chowing down on a huge buffet dinner with a ton of traditional Khmer dishes. Amazing food and show. The dancing is beautiful!
I think I'm going to love this town!
xo,
Cole
No comments:
Post a Comment